Keep package versions aligned between projects
This rule enables you to control version alignment of packages (open-source & inner-source) across your multiple repositories.
Even though the same package is used, a different version distribution makes it more difficult to reuse code and tests. It is recommended to use the same version, or at least the same major version, across different projects.
- UI components - Avoid discrepancies between different versions of the same package of UI components across different projects
- Internal source - Avoid breaking changes between different versions of the same internal package across different projects
- Open source - Create a blacklist of risky versions of specific open source packages
When does this rule fail?
When a dependency version in the manifest files is not adhering to the organization's versioning policy.
How to fix?
- Fix your discrepancy versions according to the failure message
- Push your commit and add it to the open pull request
- Datree's policy check will automatically run to make sure all discrepancies are aligned with the desired version
|Activate a policy|