Ensure CODEOWNERS defined in projects
This rule makes sure CODEOWNERS file is located inside the repository.
The CODEOWNERS file can define and assign different pull request approvals for different parts of code.
- Define people or teams responsible for a project or files inside the project
- Automatically requests reviews from the pre-defined code owners
When does this rule fail?
When there is no CODEOWNERS file inside the repository (in the correct file path location).
How to fix?
- Create a meaningful CODEOWNERS file according to your project requirements
- Commit and push the new CODEOWNERS file to the branch
- Datree's automatic policy check makes sure a CODEOWNERS file is included in the pull request
|Activate a policy|